Today we’re going to give you a quick look at some of the different Alternative fields so that you have an idea of what they do and if they might benefit you.
- Acupuncture: The insertion of needles into various points in the body to relieve pain, promote healing and/or combat chronic illness.
- Ayurveda: A holistic practice native to India that focuses on promoting health in a holistic (entire self) sense.
- Chiropractic: Manipulation of the musculoskeletal system using a hands-on approach. Fixes subluxations (small dislocations, usually in the spine.)
- Herbalism: The use of plants or plant extracts to relieve pain, promote healing and/or combat chronic illness.
- Homeopathy: The use of highly diluted preparations of various substances to combat specific ailments.
- Naturopathy: Based on the healing power of nature, uses a variety of modalities to focus on the healing of the mind, body and spirit.
- Osteopathy: A drug-free form of medicine that focuses on full body health through treatment and strengthening of the musculoskeletal system.
All of these systems have their merits and all of them have miraculous stories associated with them. The real key to feeling your best is finding what works for you. For more information on Alternative Medicine please visit this website.
*Sore No More! is not a licensed physician. All information on this blog is researched by our staff and is subject to inaccuracies. No information found here should be used in the place of advice from your doctor. * Sore No More 150 East Center Street Moab, Utah 84532 Tel: (435) 259-5931 Toll Free: (800) 842-6622 www.sorenomore.com