Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Vitamin D and Pain Connection

You may recall our past post on how sunlight can help with chronic pain.  Amongst its other benefits, sunlight allows your body to produce vitamin D.  Studies have shown that vitamin D deficiency can cause more chronic pain and even suggest that Fibromyalgia may have its roots there.  

While fifteen minutes of sunlight a day is enough to get your required amount of vitamin D, sometimes even fifteen minutes can be hard to manage.  Vitamin D supplements are available in both capsule and liquid form.

The following articles discuss vitamin D deficiency and its relation to chronic pain.

Chronic Pain Linked To Low Vitamin D

Mayo Clinic Researchers Link Vitamin D and Chronic Pain Relief


Vitamin D for Chronic Pain Syndromes

Lack of Vitamin D Linked To Pain




*Sore No More! is not a licensed physician. All information on this blog is researched by our staff and is subject to inaccuracies. No information found here should be used in the place of advice from your doctor. * Sore No More 150 East Center Street Moab, Utah 84532 Tel: (435) 259-5931 Toll Free: (800) 842-6622 www.sorenomore.com

4 comments:

  1. I think everyone knows the importance of sunlight for their body but many of them have no time to get sunlight for their body and they try to cover their deficiency with vitamin D supplements as i am taking. I am taking vitamin D supplements from last 2 months and my concern is that is it right for me to continue these supplements or should i take some break between the regular dose. What would be your suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suffer from severe, chronic arthritis, and most of the time I feel too helpless to do anything. I used to make a living with my hands. I always new that vitamin D was good for you, but I can't honestly remember the last time that I sat out in the sun and let the warmth beat down on me. So thank you for this post. I also wanted to share a link that has great advice for pain sufferers: http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-pain Hope it might be helpful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think they should have some courses such as social worker ceus and social work ceus. This can come from free ceus for social workers

    ReplyDelete